Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Cathedral


These pictures are not as good but since I couldn't return to get better oens I am going to go ahead and post them as well.

The first is the bishops throne. Abby's class learned that a cathedral, as opposed to a church, contains the bishop's seat.


"The Cathedral's choir is one of the finest examples of Romanesque architecture in the United States."


Statue in one of the chapels. People had left money at the feet of this one.



The actual baptismal font is in the center of the room.

One of the tombs. There was a statue of the person on the top.




Remember the center images are of athletes in the Bible and the smaller ones are present day sports. If you click on the picture and enlarge it maybe you can identify some of the images.

These are the windows I liked so much. The one above is the sports window.
Certainly worth visiting if you are ever in the area. I am sorry that I was unable to go back childless and take all the pictures I wanted.

Below is David throwing the stone in his slingshot.


I still can't get any of the videos to load. Sorry. I don't know what is wrong with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment